Thursday, July 12, 2007

An Irish Whip Exclusive: Interview with UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste!

The Lianger here, stirring up yet another Irish Whip exclusive interview. Who you ask? None other than UFC's resident hottie and number one ring girl, Arianny Celeste. Yeah, so wipe that drool off your face and read what Arianny has to say about the UFC as she gives Irish Whip fans a "backstage pass!"

General Questions...

Masson Liang: So I’m sure all the guys out there are dying to know, are you single now?
Arianny Celeste: YES

ML: As a ring girl, what attracted you to the MMA scene as opposed to boxing?
AC: It's exciting, there’s more than just guys punching each other. The different techniques and styles keeps me on edge!

ML: I'm sure that a transitional period was necessary when getting accustomed to the job. How friendly was the UFC in that respect?
AC: UFC took me in like part of the family...Everyone I work with is awesome and my UFC mom Leslie makes sure I have anything and everything I want or need!

ML: If you weren't a ring girl, what do you think you'd be doing instead?
AC: I would still be modeling here and there but I would still be going to school full time. I’m almost done with my degree but because of my crazy schedule I’ve had to take time off. I’m happy about it...I’m living life to the fullest and enjoying every minute of it!

ML: There's this ongoing dilemma about MMA overtaking boxing in years to come, what's your personal outlook on the situation?
AC: I think MMA is definitely taking over. I ordered the last boxing match against De La Hoya and Mayweather and I was really disappointed that I spent 60 bucks on it....haha.

ML: I couldn't help but notice that you posted many parts of "Pride Fighting Decade" on Dailymotion.com, have you been a long time PRIDE junkie even before your UFC days?
AC: I’ve been a fan of all MMA for a while now.

ML: On that note, have you gotten a chance to meet the recent Pride additions to the UFC such as Heath Herring, Mirko Cro Cop, Nogueira, and Mauricio Shogun Rua?
AC: The only one I’ve met is Nogueira...very intimidating but very nice guy!

ML: What do you think of the recent flood of women into the MMA scene, fighters such as: Gina Carano or Julie Kedzie?
AC: I think it’s awesome...it's all about women power!!

ML: Do you train any MMA personally? If so, have you ever had to 'throwdown' and use your skills to fend off jerks hitting on you? If not, have you ever looked into training as a hobby?
AC: I train at the UFC gym in Vegas with a trainer 4-5 times a week if I’m in town. We do cardio, weights, and boxing. Its fun and I definitely feel like I could defend myself if I had to!

On the job...

ML: How often do you get hit on at the UFC events?
AC: Not very often but if I do I usually don’t pay attention because it’s a loud obnoxious guy.

ML: What would you do if you fell while walking around The Octagon?
AC: John McCarthy almost pushed me off at a fight night in Vegas. I literally flew off the edge of the octagon but I reached for his shoulders and held on for dear life. We still laugh about it till this day! I'd defiantly be pretty embarrassed.

ML: Also, have you ever had an urge to pick a wedgie on the job? If so, how did you handle that?
AC: Haha yes...and I just pick it!

ML: What is your most embarrassing story while on the job?
AC: The John McCarthy one.

ML: Do you find that guys are threatened to be with you because of your job?
AC: Most guys are jealous and insecure. I don’t have time for that so I'd rather just be single and have fun and focus on myself.

ML: What is your all time favorite MMA fight?
AC: Hard Question but there is two that pop in my head.... Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia and Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia. They were both jam packed with action and had me jumping out of my seat!

ML: Last but not least, who is your all time favorite fighter?
AC: A couple of my favorite fighters are GSP, Couture, Liddell, Rampage, and Anderson Silva. They are all skilled athletes!!

ML: Well Arianny, I can't thank you enough for your time and we here at the Irish Whip wish you the best!
AC: Thanks a lot!

*Catch The Irish Whip's Arianny Gallery Here!

No comments: